Mill Road Music
The information on this page shows what happened at the 2017 Fair. Information on the 2018 Fair will appear here a few weeks before Fair day.
There is music happening in all sorts of unexpected places:
- Near Donkey Common
- On Petersfield
- Near the Avenue of Limes
- On Tenison Road
- In Ditchburn Gardens
- At the Food Fair in Gwydir Street Car Park, and outside the Bath House
- In Lloyds Bank Car Park
- On the corner of Cavendish Road
- Outside Urban Larder
- In front of the Co-op, on the corner of Catharine Street
- Outside Cycle King
- Outside EF Language School, on the corner of Coleridge Road.
And there is music in other places too (again starting from the East Road end of Mill Road):
- Samba parades, choirs, and street events and Morris dancing.
- A party tent for musicians is set up at the Argyle Street Housing Co-operative car park (ASHCOOP) all day, and the Arco Iris community samba band and a host of other acts play there.
- Cambridge 105 is broadcasting live from the Mill Road Winter Fair for the sixth consecutive year. The community radio station will be outside Tesco with live bands and coverage from around the Fair.
- Choirs and other musical acts perform at Romsey Mill, St Barnabas Church and St Philip's Church.